View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpio812

re: The Battle For Erebor Banners

The mechanics are as follows:

Blood Brothers - For every 1% health the Olog-hai differ in, they get an increase in damage, from 1.5x at 1%, all the way to 10x at 10%.

Blood Rage - Every 5% of health an Olog-hai loses, both he and his brother get a stacking damage boost for 20 seconds. This starts at 2x and can ramp all the way to 6x if you burn too quickly.

Honor Guard - The Olog-hai enter with 8 Easterling Honorguards, four each of two different types. They each have custom skills and abilities to bring to the fight.

Reinforcements - Starting partway through the fight, a wave of 3 Easterlings (one melee, one ranged, one support) come in to support the Olog-hai every 30 seconds. They each have custom skills and abilities to bring to the fight.

Catapults - Starting partway through the fight, the Easterling catapults begin bombarding the arena. You’ll be given a couple of seconds warning before pieces of the arena are shelled.

Inferno - Towards the end of the fight the Easterlings set the entire arena ablaze. There is nowhere that is safe and now the race is on.

I've had some thoughts on what banners are actually easier or harder for t2. See if you agree or disagree:

Blood Rage (increased damage buff upon taking damage)
* Really hard in conjunction with Inferno because of the time constraints
* Relatively easy in conjunction with Reinforcements if you have to lower your DPS anyway (by dividing DPS with adds)

Honor Guard (eight adds at start)
* Easiest because if you fail, it's right at the start and then you never even have to think about it again
* May be difficult to learn how to get past them to start it up, but worst case we can always go with a kiting method of some kind and focus on the non-melees

Reinforcements (sets of three adds)
* Pretty tough - especially because it requires someone else to do some tanking
* Drops DPS on the bosses significantly

Inferno (after five minutes, entire room fire aoe)
* In my mind, this is the worst one because it makes you wipe at the end after you've put so much effort in. I'd much rather have the dangerous parts early on so I can fail fast and try again if I'm going to fail at all.

Catapults (after two and half minutes, stunning/damaging spots)
* Seems pretty easy if you aren't doing a kiting strategy of any kind
* Least forgiving of lag if that's a problem

Blood Brothers (differing morale increases enrage)
* This SHOULD be easy since we've been dealing with effects like this for years. In practice, I think this requires a lot of situational awareness that may be divided by keeping track of catapults, which way the boss is facing, etc. We should try to minimize other things that people have to watch if we're using this one.
* This is probably the most difficult if you have inexperienced people since noobs can't seem to figure out how to keep track of enemy health and who they should be hitting when

Of course, the challenge requires all 6, but thinking through the options may help us choose different options in different situations for regular t2.

Also, these are just my opinions and guesses since we haven't fully vetted all of these out. Feel free to discuss and debate if you have other thoughts.
-Rhayvin
Officer
Sergeant

I've been thinking about this as well. I think for regular t2, we should do:

Honor Guard
Blood Rage
Catapults
Inferno

My reasoning is this. Catapult + Inferno is already basically on farm status. I agree with Toe that Honor Guard is nice as you know early on if you succeed at it. The only iffy one is Blood Rage, but I like it for this reason. You can basically do the Honor Guard part, and then do the rest pretty much as normal t1. You dps one of them down, and when the damage buff comes up, relax til it's gone, then continue to dps. It just seems the most similar to what we already do for t1. I would NOT do blood bros + blood rage as it results in a tier 2 buff, which is where we died each time.
Eodread the Righteous
Corporal

That sounds like a good combo to me Rhay. I also think reinforcements would be ok to try. As long as you either have the tanks watching the adds or people who can help pick them up. They're basically the same as adds from Flight to the Lonely Mountain, archer, captain, and berserker. CC would be a key with that, as well as with Honour Guard
Scorpio812

When I was in beta, I believe all banners was used for CM. I don't remember much now.
As for Intero is aoe, don't move much and u would be fine. once its up just move if u have a captu coming.

re: re: The Battle For Erebor Banners

I agree once honor guard is down its pretty easy.

Two burgs, one LM for CC, kill a beserker right away the rest are perma mezzed. Have Mini's start with call to greatness on tanks and anthem of compassion right away, two cappies goe IHW lS before the fight and again 20 seconds into the fight. Four healers, two mini two offheals. Watch out for stacking on the red mists, pots constantly and once past the honor guard its business as normal. Only dps one boss down 5% dont reach next 5% till damage buff wears off, take it slow you have lots of heals. rinse and repeat on second boss....easy as pie.
-Rhayvin
Officer
Sergeant

Nice job for basically having this on farm status now. Great leadership, Cyl. Is pretty fun to do this instance as while we can do it, there are still challenges.

Now, if only a stupid symbol would drop.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Horizon Forum Index -> Raid Strategies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: